If you’re new to yoga or Pilates then welcome! You’re about to embark upon a life-changing journey into a new you. The best option to choose is our get started package, which you can sign up for in the Studio or online*. Come to three mat sessions of yoga or mat Pilates, one Barre class and one Pilates reformer appointment. You can really get a feel for what the Studio can do for you, try the variety of teachers and class types so you can find your groove. Here are some tips to make a smooth transition into yours yoga & Pilates practice:
- Arrive 10 minutes early to your first class
- Don’t be afraid to let the teacher know you’re new, and if you have any injuries or health concerns
- Bring a towel and a bottle of water, please keep hydrated well before and after the class
- Try not to eat anything to heavy at least 2 hours before class
- Wear anything that will allow free movement during exercise
- Please try and stay until the end of the class, relaxation and stretching out is the most important part of the process
- Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions, and don’t push beyond your limits
If in any doubt please ask questions! We’ll always be here for you!
*only available to new clients and locals
After your first class
Muscle soreness is common when first starting any exercise program. Your body will have experienced activation of muscles that may have not been unaccustomed to in a long while. Our best advice is to keep moving, drink and eat nourishing foods and if possible keep your body moving.
Try not to set yourself unrealistic expectations about your progress – as with all things, regular practice will set the pathway to a phenomenal transformation
To continue your journey, speak to one of our friendly staff to find the best option to suit your lifestyle and needs.